Sunday, March 24, 2013

The End Of Britain?

I've been following the unprecedented comings and goings on the Cyprus financial melt down. Some amazing statistics and yet another country in deep financial crisis. From our comfortable island we have now watched Iceland, Greece, Ireland, Italy, Spain and Portugal all go through uncertain times - and we ourselves in Britain are not in great shapes.

But how bad could it get over here?

I came across an article the other day which initially scared the crap out of me. It's called "The End Of Britain" - the full article is here

http://www.moneyweek.com/endofbritain

Be warned if you do want a read - it's long, and full of facts and charts - but also be warned its from a magazine called MoneyWeek and by the end you realise it's intention is to scare so that it try and sell you a solution at the end of it.

However, there are sections of it that I initially thought so far fetched - especially the section called "How the government could seize your wealth" - but what Cyprus has shown us then anything is potentially possible.

Whether I believe some of it or not I am off to buy a bigger mattress now and get to that cashpoint on the way home.


4 comments:

  1. Which Cyrus are you talking about: Miley or Billy Ray?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Doh - damn my spelling. Although financial meltdown of Hannah Montana would be much more interesting

    ReplyDelete
  3. Whats your thoughts on Bitcoins Stevey-baby?

    Nic.

    ;o)))

    ReplyDelete
  4. Bitcoins - useless as I ant stash them under my mattress

    ReplyDelete